Young Justice: Invasion is the second season of Young Justice, preceded by season one, and it comprises 20 episodes. It was expected to air in March 2012, during the premiere of DC Nation, but was later set to premiere on April 28.
The first episode takes place on January 1, five years after the first season concluded. Greg Weisman also reported that David Sobolov will provide his voice talents for this season. Unlike the previous season which featured a spate of guest directors, the season two production team hired a permanent set of three directors: Tim Divar, Doug Murphy and Mel Zwyer.
Major plot lines
- Five years have passed since season one, and it has brought with it drastic changes to the status quo.
- The heroes have found out what happened during the missing 16 hours that six Leaguers were under Vandal Savage's mind control, and as a result, those Leaguers have left Earth to undergo a criminal trial on Rimbor.
- Aliens have secretly invaded and been operating on Earth for unspecified purposes.
- The Light is still active and is now working with a new Partner.
- Red Arrow was consumed by his ongoing search for Speedy for the last five years, until he and Cheshire found Speedy and took him back to Star City.
- Aqualad is working deep undercover for Nightwing as the loyal lieutenant of his father, in order to learn more about the Light and their new Partner.
- Cameron Bowen as Robin
- Logan Grove as Beast Boy
- Eric Lopez as Blue Beetle
- Yuri Lowenthal as Lagoon Boy
- Jesse McCartney as Nightwing
- Danica McKellar as Miss Martian
- Masasa Moyo as Bumblebee
- Nolan North as Superboy, Superman
- Kevin Michael Richardson as Mal Duncan, John Stewart, Martian Manhunter
- Alyson Stoner as Batgirl
- Mae Whitman as Wonder Girl
- Lacey Chabert as Zatanna
- Tim Curry as G. Gordon Godfrey
- Bruce Greenwood as Batman
- Michael Trucco as Adam Strange
- Michael T. Weiss as Captain Atom
- Stephanie Lemelin as Catherine Cobert, Artemis
- Crispin Freeman as Red Arrow
- Jason Spisak as Kid Flash
- Brandon Vietti Developer / Producer / Art Director / Writer
- Greg Weisman Developer / Producer / Story Editor / Writer
- Peter David – 2 episodes
- Nicole Dubuc – 2 episodes
- Paul Giacoppo – 1.5 episode
- Kevin Hopps – 5.5 episodes
- Brandon Vietti – 2 episodes
- Greg Weisman – 5 episodes
- Jon Weisman – 2 episodes
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Production code|
|"Happy New Year"||Tim Divar||Greg Weisman||April 28, 2012||201|
The Team takes on the intergalactic bounty hunter Lobo... as a precursor to an alien invasion!
|"Earthlings"||Doug Murphy||Nicole Dubuc||May 5, 2012||202|
Miss Martian, Superboy, Beast Boy and Adam Strange arrive on the distant planet Rann to stop the alien infiltration of Earth at its source.
|"Alienated"||Mel Zwyer||Kevin Hopps||May 12, 2012||203|
The Team and the Justice League continue to hunt the Kroloteans that have invaded Earth—but the aliens have help from an extremely unexpected source.
|"Salvage"||Tim Divar||Greg Weisman||May 19, 2012||204|
While Superboy and Blue Beetle battle Intergang, Nightwing and company try to salvage the soul of a former comrade fallen from grace.
|"Beneath"||Doug Murphy||Brandon Vietti||May 26, 2012||205|
Jaime Reyes searches for a missing friend, while Miss Martian, Batgirl, Bumblebee and Wonder Girl return to Bialya to discover what lies beneath.
|"Bloodlines"||Mel Zwyer||Peter David||June 2, 2012||206|
An intruder mysteriously appears inside Mount Justice, claiming to be a tourist from the future. But who is he really? And what is his true agenda?
|"Depths"||Tim Divar||June 9, 2012 ||207|
Artemis rejoins the team to defend a critical satellite launch. But will her first mission back also be her last?!