Young Justice: Invasion is the second season of Young Justice, preceded by season one, and it is comprised of 20 episodes. It was expected to air in March 2012, during the premiere of DC Nation, but was later set to premiere on April 28.
The first episode takes place on January 1, five years after the first season concluded. Unlike the previous season which featured a spate of guest directors, the season two production team hired a permanent set of three directors: Tim Divar, Doug Murphy and Mel Zwyer.
Major plot lines Edit
- Five years have passed since season one, bringing drastic changes, including many alterations to the line-ups of both the Team and the Justice League.
- Public perception of super-heroes takes a turn for the worse, thanks in particular to the GBS commentaries of G. Gordon Godfrey.
- The heroes discover what occurred over the missing 16 hours, during which six Leaguers were under Vandal Savage's mind control. As a result, those same Leaguers leave Earth to undergo a criminal trial on Rimbor.
- Multiple aliens have secretly invaded the Earth, operating there for unspecified purposes that include abducting and experimenting on humans.
- The Light is still active and is now working with a new Partner (or two).
- Having nearly been consumed by his five year search for Speedy, Red Arrow finally finds the original Roy Harper with the help of his estranged wife Jade Nguyen, who also introduces Clone-Roy to their daughter Lian Nguyen-Harper. Together, they bring Speedy back to Star City.
- Aqualad is on a deep cover mission for Nightwing, posing as the loyal lieutenant of his father, Black Manta. As part of this mission, Artemis's death is faked and Mount Justice is destroyed, all to advance Aqualad's credentials with Manta, the Light and their Partner.
- Sportsmaster and Cheshire vow vengeance on Aqualad and Black Manta for the 'death' of Artemis, when in fact, Artemis has gone under cover as Tigress.
- In a paroxysm of anger, Miss Martian puts Aqualad in a catatonic state, before finding out that his betrayal and Artemis's death were staged.
- The Reach makes themselves known to the public, professing good intentions, but all the while concealing a hidden agenda.
- The Reach manufactures food for human consumption with eerie purposes.
- The abductees manifest superhuman abilities and are recruited by Lex Luthor.
- Learning from Impulse that he will bring upon an apocalypse, Blue Beetle is determined to remove his scarab.
- Sportsmaster defects from the Light and pursues his vendetta against Black Manta and Aqualad with Cheshire. Deathstroke takes his place as the Light's enforcer.
- A new Beetle appears, pretending to be an ally of the heroes, and offers to help Blue Beetle to take control of his scarab. However, it was all an elaborate ruse, as he is actually an agent of the Reach and manages to put Jaime under the control of the Reach.
- Miss Martian is kidnapped at the behest of Black Manta and coerced to fix Aqualad.
- Cameron Bowen as Robin
- Logan Grove as Beast Boy
- Eric Lopez as Blue Beetle
- Yuri Lowenthal as Lagoon Boy
- Jesse McCartney as Nightwing
- Danica McKellar as Miss Martian
- Masasa Moyo as Bumblebee
- Nolan North as Superboy, Superman
- Kevin Michael Richardson as Mal Duncan, John Stewart, Martian Manhunter
- Alyson Stoner as Batgirl
- Mae Whitman as Wonder Girl
- Jason Marsden as Impulse
- Lacey Chabert as Zatanna
- Tim Curry as G. Gordon Godfrey
- Bruce Greenwood as Batman
- Michael Trucco as Adam Strange
- Michael T. Weiss as Captain Atom
- Stephanie Lemelin as Catherine Cobert, Artemis
- Crispin Freeman as Red Arrow, Arsenal
- Jason Spisak as Kid Flash
- Khary Payton as Aqualad
Production crew Edit
- Brandon Vietti Developer / Producer / Art Director / Writer
- Greg Weisman Developer / Producer / Story Editor / Writer
- Peter David – 2 episodes
- Nicole Dubuc – 2 episodes
- Paul Giacoppo – 1.5 episode
- Kevin Hopps – 5.5 episodes
- Brandon Vietti – 2 episodes
- Greg Weisman – 5 episodes
- Jon Weisman – 2 episodes
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Production code|
|"Happy New Year"||Tim Divar||Greg Weisman||April 28, 2012||201|
The Team takes on the intergalactic bounty hunter Lobo... as a precursor to an alien invasion!
|"Earthlings"||Doug Murphy||Nicole Dubuc||May 5, 2012||202|
Miss Martian, Superboy, Beast Boy and Adam Strange arrive on the distant planet Rann to stop the alien infiltration of Earth at its source.
|"Alienated"||Mel Zwyer||Kevin Hopps||May 12, 2012||203|
The Team and the Justice League continue to hunt the Kroloteans that have invaded Earth—but the aliens have help from an extremely unexpected source.
|"Salvage"||Tim Divar||Greg Weisman||May 19, 2012||204|
While Superboy and Blue Beetle battle Intergang, Nightwing and company try to salvage the soul of a former comrade fallen from grace.
|"Beneath"||Doug Murphy||Brandon Vietti||May 26, 2012||205|
Jaime Reyes searches for a missing friend, while Miss Martian, Batgirl, Bumblebee and Wonder Girl return to Bialya to discover what lies beneath.
|"Bloodlines"||Mel Zwyer||Peter David||June 2, 2012||206|
An intruder mysteriously appears inside Mount Justice, claiming to be a tourist from the future. But who is he really? And what is his true agenda?
|"Depths"||Tim Divar||June 9, 2012||207|
Artemis rejoins the team to defend a critical satellite launch. But will her first mission back also be her last?!
|"Satisfaction"||Doug Murphy||Greg Weisman||September 29, 2012||208|
Roy Harper seeks vengeance against the man who ruined his life.
|"Darkest"||Mel Zwyer||Jon Weisman||October 6, 2012||209|
Black Manta has a new mission for his son: a mission that should prove once and for all exactly whose side Aqualad is on!
|"Before the Dawn"||Tim Divar||Kevin Hopps||January 5, 2013||210|
On a covert mission to rescue some of its own, The Team, Blue Beetle and Miss Martian uncover shocking secrets... and devastating truths!
|"Cornered"||Doug Murphy||Nicole Dubuc||January 12, 2013||211|
The Team is trapped inside the Hall of Justice for a cage match against a brutal alien gladiator!
|"True Colors"||Mel Zwyer||Paul Giacoppo||January 19, 2013||212|
When the REACH forms a devil's alliance with Lexcorp, Robin leads a squad undercover to investigate.
|"The Fix"||Tim Divar||Greg Weisman||January 26, 2013||213|
Black Manta seeks vengeance against Miss Martian.
|"Runaways"||Doug Murphy||Kevin Hopps||February 2, 2013||214|
Nightwing tasks Blue Beetle with chasing down a group of potentially dangerous super-powered teenage runaways. But Blue's not the only one hunting them...
|"War"||Mel Zwyer||Jon Weisman||February 9, 2013||215|
A conqueror from another world becomes a wild card in an intergalactic game of supremacy – placing planet Earth square in the jackpot.
|"Complications"||Tim Divar||Kevin Hopps||February 16, 2013||216|
Black Manta gives Miss Martian twenty-four hours to live, but that may be more time than Aqualad has with Sportsmaster and Cheshire on the hunt for his head!
|"The Hunt"||Doug Murphy||Brandon Vietti||February 23, 2013||217|
A band of misfits is put to the test when Lex Luthor sends them behind enemy lines... to rescue the team!
|"Intervention"||Mel Zwyer||Peter David||March 2, 2013||218|
The team embarks on a desperate endeavor to free Blue Beetle.
|"Summit"||Tim Divar||Greg Weisman||March 9, 2013||219|
The Light calls a Summit to decide the final fate of Aqualad, the team... and the entire planet Earth!
|"Endgame"||Doug Murphy||Kevin Hopps||March 16, 2013||220|
On the verge of finally ending the alien invasion, the team discovers the price of victory may be the entire planet Earth!
|#||Episode||Original airing||Viewers||Target audience|
|01||"Happy New Year"||April 28, 2012||unknown||2+|
|02||"Earthlings"||May 5, 2012||1.853 million||2+|
|03||"Alienated"||May 12, 2012||1.761 million||2+|
|04||"Salvage"||May 19, 2012||2.037 million||2+|
|05||"Beneath"||May 26, 2012||unknown||2+|
|06||"Bloodlines"||June 2, 2012||1.944 million||2+|
|07||"Depths"||June 9, 2012||1.890 million||2+|
|08||"Satisfaction"||September 29, 2012||1.769 million||2+|
|09||"Darkest"||October 6, 2012||1.982 million||2+|
|10||"Before the Dawn"||January 5, 2013||1.773 million||2+|
|11||"Cornered"||January 12, 2013||1.596 million||2+|
|12||"True Colors"||January 19, 2013||1.982 million||2+|
|13||"The Fix"||January 26, 2013||1.935 million||2+|
|14||"Runaways"||February 2, 2013||2.123 million||2+|
|15||"War"||February 9, 2013||1.987 million||2+|
|16||"Complications"||February 16, 2013||1.993 million||2+|
|17||"The Hunt"||February 23, 2013||1.990 million||2+|
|18||"Intervention"||March 2, 2013||2.045 million||2+|
|19||"Summit"||March 9, 2013||1.858 million||2+|
|20||"Endgame"||March 16, 2013||2.051 million||2+|