Better late than never... though I was looking forward to this, I have to say I'm a bit disappointed.
- Nice character designs; I really liked the purists.
- Sooo many Aquaman refs. Windward Home. Tritonis. Jim Lockhart. Not to mention 4 decades worth of characters.
- Lori's reaction to Miss M'tail... that was good. Almost as if she's surprised someone wants to be "impure".
- Lagoon Boy's curiosity... how can this not be a set-up for season 2?
- Finally, more Atlantis, even though most of it's mentioned only. The city-state "Lemuria" makes me wonder if Atlantis is bigger than the Atlantic.
The less good (I won't call it bad)
- The reveal of Ocean-Master... anti-climactic. We knew from the start, but I expected a shocking revelation with an audience.
- Not enough characters! I was making a list of really obscure Atlanteans as research - starting with Professor Chal-Patzun, one shot Marvel Family villain. I was hoping to see Jerro and Ronno, who were basically the Lori Lemarises of Supergirl and Wonder Woman. And maybe a whole lot from Shaun McLaughlin's 90s run.
- The whole fantasy racism thing was pretty flat, actually. Not much depth in it.
- Sooo many Aquaman refs... but I'm totally not an Aquaman fan. I know little more than the names, especially in the Arion myths.
- I still don't understand what Greg makes of royalty. Perdita made little sense; Aquababy doesn't either. I'm from a kingdom. Minors can't be kings or queens (at least, not in the real world), the nation is ruled by regents in the meantime - most of the time either the widowed queen or the monarch's brother- so Orm would still be in a great position of power if Orin would die and Aquababy was young. Plenty of time for the Light to come up with something.
Please stay civil. You should not harass other users or their views.