|Season two episodes|
January 26, 2013
|Image gallery (14)|
Discussions: 1, 2
"The Fix" is the 13th episode of the second season of Young Justice, and the 39th of the overall series. It was originally scheduled to air on November 3, 2012, but was pushed to a later date in a last minute schedule change that preempted the entire schedule of October. It aired on January 26, 2013.
Tigress is resting in her quarters, thinking to herself about how so much has gone wrong with her undercover mission. Black Manta then requests she come to Kaldur'ahm's quarters. Upon arriving, Tigress learns that Psimon is going to help Kaldur restore his memories. Tigress is then worried that Psimon will learn that she and Kaldur have been working as double agents. Manta tells Tigress not to worry about Kaldur, as he plans to deal with Miss Martian for what she did to his mind. Manta leaves Tigress with Psimon, who starts to mentally prepare himself.
Fearing discovery of their covert operation, Tigress secretly shoots a small dart at Psimon's neck. As Psimon begins his procedure with Kaldur, he becomes dizzy, then lashes out at Tigress. He deduces Tigress had used a sedative against him and learns that she is really Artemis. But before he can do anything else, he passes out. Manta, who had witnessed Psimon's action on a monitor, rushes in and Tigress tells him she didn't know what happened, asking if it's possible Miss Martian had left a telepathic virus in Kaldur's mind.
After Manta concludes any other telepath could have the same problem, Tigress suggests Miss Martian may be the only one who can help and that she be allowed to capture her and force her to restore Kaldur's memories. Manta agrees, but saying Miss Martian has proven to be dangerous, tells Tigress that Deathstroke will accompany her.Atom and Flash reached. Sensing that Nightwing does not yet fully trust him, Green Beetle adds that the additive also allows the Reach to track individuals with active Meta-Genes, which Nightwing realizes would allow the Reach an easier task of harvesting and weaponizing the Meta-Gene. Blue Beetle asks if this information should be made public but Nightwing says it's best to wait for now given the damage to the Justice League's credibility. With the briefing completed, Nightwing asks if Green Beetle needs a place to stay and Beetle, taking a human form, says he will find a place in Taos. Lagoon Boy asks to speak with Miss Martian, who says he can come with her to Chicago to her uncle's apartment. After everyone has left but Blue Beetle and Green Beetle, the two pause and look at each other.
La'gaan and Miss Martain arrive in Chicago to talk. There they are ambushed by Tigress and Deathstroke. Tigress telepathically explains to Miss Martian that she needs her help to save Kaldur. Deathstroke injures La'gann and Tigress takes down Miss Martian, with Deathstroke slapping an inhibitor collar on Miss Martian. Nightwing and Superboy arrive as Tigress and Deathsroke depart with Miss Martian in the Manta-Flyer.
Blue and Green Beetle both depart STAR Labs. Jaime says he is worried about the prophecy hanging over his head and would do anything to prevent it. B'arzz O'oomm suggests training and meditation, but when Jaime presses him further, B'arzz tells him that he used his Martian abilities to ensure his Scarab could not take control. Jaime asks B'arzz if he could do the same for his Scarab, and when B'arzz is reluctant to do so, Jaime insists on it.Miss Martian awakens aboard the Manta-Sub, where Manta orders her to restore Kaldur's memories. He informs her that Deathstroke is following with the Flyer, out of her telepathic range, and observing the procedure. Manta says Deathstroke will disable the collar's affect on Miss Martian's telepathic abilities, but he will trigger a bomb on the collar if he suspects her of using that ability for any other reason. Manta leaves Tigress with M'gann and Kaldur. M'gann telepathically tells Artemis that her intrusion might be perceived by Kaldur's mind as a threat, so Artemis tells M'gann to take her into Kaldur's mind as well.
- Kaldur's broken memories are represented by Atlantis in ruins. M'gann has to remind Artemis the two are not really underwater, but then the two are attacked by Tula.
- Inside Kaldur's mind, M'gann is having difficulty overcoming Tula's attacks, forcing Artemis to act. Artemis finds Aqualad, whose facial features are missing. Artemis is able to convince Aqualad that his fractured memories can be restored. M'gann, meanwhile, is losing against Tula, blaming herself for what happened, but Artemis arrives with Aqualad, whose facial features are now restored. M'gann apologizes to Aqualad and joins with him to begin piecing his mind back together.
Outside STAR Labs, Impulse comes upon Blue and Green Beetle. He intervenes, suspicious about Green Beetle touching Jaime's Scarab, but Jaime tells him that Green Beetle was successfully able to silence the Scarab and give Jaime full control over it.
The word "fix" has several meanings beside the more obvious, repairing. Two repair processes take place in this episode: Kaldur'ahm's mental restoration, and Blue Beetle's scarab control. "Fix" can also mean "a desperate situation", which aptly describes the risk of Artemis's and Kaldur's true alliance being discovered, as well as Miss Martian's imprisonment and emotional state. A third meaning is a shot of an addictive substance, such as the Reach energy drink.
Cast and characters Edit
|Phil LaMarr||Green Beetle|
|Eric Lopez||Blue Beetle|
|Yuri Lowenthal||Lagoon Boy|
|Danica McKellar||Miss Martian|
|Khary Payton||Black Manta|
|G. Gordon Godfrey|
- Psimon remarks about his personal experience with Miss Martian's psychic attack, referencing his encounter with her in "Image", which left him in a deep catatonic state.
- Miss Martian is reluctant to use her telepathy to establish a mind-link with Green Beetle as she still feels guilty for psychically attacking Aqualad in "Before the Dawn".
- Black Manta and Tigress plan to kidnap Miss Martian and force her to repair the damage done to Kaldur'ahm's mind after its mental destruction in "Before the Dawn".
- The Reach energy drink, which was introduced in "True Colors", is explained in this episode.
- Lagoon Boy asks about M'gann not returning her calls and spending more time with Superboy, which was shown in "Cornered".
- Nightwing tells Lagoon Boy and Superboy about Aqualad being in deep cover and that Artemis's death was faked so she could join him as first revealed in "Depths".
"The Fix" garnered an average of 1,935 million viewers.
- Number 16: Tigress is summoned by Black Manta to meet Psimon at 01:16 EDT.
- This episode is featured on Young Justice: Invasion – Game of Illusions: Season 2 Part 2.
Language translations Edit
|Atlantean||Kaldur'ahm: Keh eh-GO, keh eh-GO… [...]||And I, and I…|
|Kaldur'ahm: [...] Udam-OS en keh-RO teh-LES-so…||I'll never finish in time…|
|Kaldur'ahm: LIHS-soh-meh, Artemis. LIHS-soh-meh!||Please, Artemis. Please!|
- When Deathstroke is revealed, his sword appears to be unsheathed (or mis-colored in white). But on the next frame, the blade is in its sheath (or colored as such).
- For complete answers to the questions in this section, click here.
Answered questions Edit
- Was Green Beetle truly sincere in his volunteer "debrief" to Miss Martian? (Answer #1, Answer #2)
- Did Green Beetle really fix the Scarab to let Blue Beetle have full control with no problems? (Answer)
Unanswered questions Edit
Deathstroke: See, calling for help like that just pushes up the timetable. Now I can't savor the battle.
Superboy: You don't leave a guy a lot of options. You have no idea what your secrets have done to us.
Artemis: I knew I should have paid more attention in my freshman Atlantean class.
- ↑ Young Justice: Invasion Episode Guide. tvlistings.zap2it.com. Retrieved 2012-10-07.
- ↑ Harvey, Jim (2012-10-13). Cartoon Network Pre-Empts DC Nation Programming Block For Remainder Of October 2012. The World's Finest. Retrieved 2012-10-14.
- ↑ Harvey, Jim (2012-12-28). Titles For "Young Justice," "Green Lantern: The Animated Series" Episodes Airing January 2013. World's Finest Online. Retrieved 2012-12-28.
- ↑ Harvey, Jim (2013-01-02). "Young Justice: Invasion," "Green Lantern: The Animated Series" Episodes For January 2013. World's Finest Online. Retrieved 2013-01-02.
- ↑ Bryan (2013-02-05). Did #SaveYJandGLTAS Campaign Help "Young Justice" Score Season High Ratings?. Nick and More. Retrieved 2013-02-05.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 Weisman, Greg (2013-04-18). Question #18328. Ask Greg. Retrieved 2013-04-19.
| Season two|