|First appearance||Young Justice #20|
|Image gallery (2)|
- This article is about the second Blue Beetle. For his predecessor, see Dan Garrett, and for his successor, see Jaime Reyes.
True to his name, Blue Beetle wore blue. His pants and shirt were of a light blue color, with darker blue trunks. The top section of his shirt was adorned with a dark blue cutout that resembled bug's legs. He wore dark blue gloves and boots, and a belt with a golden buckle. To hide his face, he wore a dark blue cowl with yellow goggles.
Ted Kord was a brilliant inventor and generally considered a good man. When his mentor, Dan Garrett, died, he received the source of his power, the Scarab. Whereas Garrett had thought the object was mystical, Ted Kord correctly surmised it was alien in origin. Kord was not fond of the idea of having an extraterrestrial object latched to his spine, so he kept it locked away. The heroics of Garret did inspire Kord to become a hero, so he donned a costume and fought crime using equipment in his home town of El Paso.
Around July 2015, Kord suspected the Light was onto the Scarab. One fateful night, in the El Paso branch of Kord Industries, Blue Beetle was attacked by Sportsmaster and Deathstroke. He was killed in an ensuing explosion.
-  A device shaped like a handgun, but with a wider barrel. It emits a beam of concentric circles. :
- Young Justice #20: "Players, Chapter One" (flashback, no lines)
- 208. "Satisfaction" (photograph)
- 209. "Darkest" (photograph)
- Young Justice #21: "Players, Chapter Two" (photograph)
- 218. "Intervention" (flashback, no lines)
- 220. "Endgame" (photograph)
Background in other media
- In the comics, Ted Kord was the second Blue Beetle, after his mentor Dan Garrett. He originated in a line of "Action Heroes" created for Charlton Comics in the 1960s, and acquired by DC Comics in the 1980s.
- Ted was mostly a hobbyist hero, and during his time in the Justice League and Justice League International, he was primarily concerned with pulling pranks and flying everyone around. He was killed by Max Lord before Infinite Crisis.
- This is his second animated appearance; he appeared first on Batman: The Brave and the Bold.