M.O.N.Q.I.s, or Mobile Optimal Neural Quotient Infiltrators, are small monkey robots built by Professor Ivo.
MONQIs are small, monkey-like robots. Their bodies are sleek and aerodynamic. They are dark metallic grey in color, except for their eyes, the joints in their armor, and their mouths which glow green. They are equipped with rocket packs.
The MONQIs were sent by Ivo to follow the GPS signal emitted by the dismantled components of Amazo and retrieve them. They succeeded, but many were later destroyed by Superboy. Two surviving MONQIs accompanied Ivo to Gotham Academy to watch the fight between Superboy and Amazo. Artemis also fought many of them outside the school.
The MONQIs are not individually powerful, but can overwhelm defences in large numbers. They possess rockets on their back that allow them to fly, as well as optic blasts powerful enough to cut through and melt metal, and temporarily blind Superboy.
- 105. "Schooled"
- 109. "Bereft" (flashback, no lines)
- Young Justice #8: "Wonderland"
- 123. "Insecurity"
- The name "Mobile Optimal Neural Quotient Infiltrators" is a backronym, since Ivo claimed he spent ages thinking up an acronym for "monkey".
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Dubuc, Nicole (writer) & Chang, Michael (director) (February 4, 2011). "Schooled". Young Justice. Season 1. Episode 5. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Hopps, Kevin, Greg Weisman (w). Davis, Dan, Christopher Jones (p). Davis, Dan (i). Atkinson, Zac (col). Sienty, Dezi (let). Chadwick, Jim (ed). "Wonderland" Young Justice 8 (September 21, 2011), New York, NY: DC Comics
- ↑ David, Peter (writer) & Oliva, Jay (director) (March 31, 2012). "Insecurity". Young Justice. Season 1. Episode 23. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Weisman, Greg (2011-02-07). YOUNG JUSTICE Episode #5 ("Schooled") Credits. Ask Greg. Retrieved 2011-03-13.