"Hello, Megan!" and derivatives
Used as a catchphrase in the in-world show Hello, Megan!, the phrase has been adopted by Miss Martian, and her teammates to a lesser extent. Used primarily to express exasperation at themselves, similar to Homer Simpson's D'oh.
- "Welcome to Happy Harbor":
- "Drop-Zone" – Miss Martian: "Hello, Megan! It's so obvious." (referring to Aqualad being leader.)
- "Infiltrator" – M'gann: "Hello, Megan. We should hit the beach every day."
- "Downtime" – M'gann: "Too much at once! Too much at once! Hello, Megan! That's so me." (cleans the mess she made on Superboy)
- Miss Martian: "Hello, Megan. I'm on Earth!" (upon realizing she was not on Mars)
- Miss Martian: "You know my Uncle J'onn? Hello, Megan! Of course you do." (upon meeting Robin and Kid Flash)
- Megan Wheeler: "Hello, Megan!" (during her mind-meld with Superboy)
- Miss Martian: "Hello, Megan! That's so me." (Mind-meld flashback)
- Miss Martian: "Hello, Megan. Aqualad's memories! I knew I forgot something." (Aqualad woke up, panicked by voices in his head)
- "Fears" – Miss Martian: "Well, I'm from Mars. Ugn! Hello, Megan! ...You guys already know that!" (while telling her teammates how she came to Earth)
- "Targets" – Megan Morse: "Hello, Megan! That means I made the Team." (upon learning she was a Bumblebee)
- "Humanity" – Miss Martian: "Hello, Megan! You wanted to become more human." (upon realizing why Red Tornado volunteered to be den mother)
- "Failsafe" – Kid Flash: "Hello, Wally, come on." (he thought the heroes were being teleported away instead of being disintegrated)
- "Disordered" – M'gann: "It was all my fault. Hello, Megan."
- Megan Wheeler: "Hello, Megan!" (M'gann watches Hello, Megan! in her room)
- Hello, Megan! theme song: Hello, Megan! Hello, Megan! School and boys and parents too, A whole lot to juggle for Miss You-Know-Who. Hello, Megan, Hello, Megan! This cheerleader knows the score, Center of attention and so much more, Hello, Megan, Hello, Megan... A little bit distractable, but never too intractable, She's really quite attractable, Okay, a lot distractable! Eventually, she'll get a clue-clue. [Megan Wheeler]: 'Hello, Megan!' The girl for me, The girl for you... Hello, Megan, Hello, Megan! The girl for me, The girl for you, Hello, Megan! Hello, Megan! Hello, Megan!
- Megan Wheeler: "Hello, Megan!" (realizing she made two dates at the same time)
- Robin: Don't you have a souvenir to collect? Kid Flash: Hello, Megan!" (the Team confronts Miss Martian about the image she cultivated as Megan.)
- "Performance" – Dawn Danger: "Hello, Megan! I'll read Haly's mind!"
- "Alienated" – Miss Martian: "Hello, Megan! I knew we forgot something." (after Lagoon Boy stares in shock at having two 'Kroloteans' aboard the Bio-Ship)
- "Darkest" – Megan Wheeler: "Hello, Megan!" (Beast Boy watches Hello, Megan! in his room)
- This section lists all utterences of the "Souvenir!" catchphrase. For a list of the Team's souvenirs, see Mission souvenirs.
- In "Welcome to Happy Harbor", Kid Flash coined his new catchphrase as took his first souvenir; an eye from the destroyed Brom Stikk android.
- In "Drop-Zone", Kid Flash used again as he took a Kobra Cultist's mask.
- In "Schooled", Kid Flash blurted out his catchphrase as he snatched the arrow that saved his life from Green Arrow, assuming it to be Speedy's.
- In "Infiltrator", Kid Flash uttered his favorite word as he picked up Cheshire's mask.
- In "Denial", when Artemis asked why he kept the Helmet of Fate, Wally responded with one word: souvenir.
- In "Alpha Male", Kid Flash took Monsieur Mallah's beret, telling Artemis in one word: "Souvenir!", as he put it on. She shook him by saying two words: "Gorilla lice!"
- In "Humanity", Kid Flash exclaimed "Cool, souvenir!" as he found a spare robotic arm in T.O. Morrow's lab.
- In "Usual Suspects", after Artemis defeated Sportsmaster, she tossed his mask at the feet of Kid Flash and told him it was a souvenir.
- In "Earthlings", Miss Martian offered the sash of the Krolotean officer she mentally interrogated to Beast Boy. He eagerly took it, exclaiming "Souvenir! Sweet!".
- In "Darkest", when Nightwing asked what Impulse was holding as he entered the Cave, he responded in one word: "Souvenir!".
- In "Bereft", Psimon said "Psimon says forget" before attempting to erase Miss Martian's memories a second time.
- In "Image":
- Psimon said "Psimon says show me who, or rather what, you really are" before forcing Miss Martian to take on her true Martian form.
- Psimon said "Psimon says smartly done" after Miss Martian rendered her teammates unconscious to prevent them seeing her true form.
- Psimon said "I didn't say Psimon says" after he stopped M'gann's attempt to brain blast him.
- In "Beneath":
- In "The Fix", Psimon exclaims "Psimon says: reveal your secrets!" when he realizes that Tigress is not whom she appears to be.
- In "Under the Surface...":
- Sha'ark called Aqualad chum when he reminded him to call him King.
- Sha'ark called Ronal chum when he questioned if the suspected purist left because he felt outnumbered.
- Sha'ark called Superboy chum, suspecting surface dwellers were tastier.
- Sha'ark called Topo chum when it was found out he had been attacked by purists. He then noted that chum gets what it deserves: to be swallowed.
- Superboy turned the tables, calling Sha'ark chum after the Atlantean threatened Miss Martian.
- Sha'ark referred to Topo as chum when he called him to leave with the other "impure" Atlanteans following their showdown with the suspected purists.
- In "...Here There be Monsters":
- In "Happy New Year":
- After losing a sparring match, Lagoon Boy vowed to one day defeat Nightwing, calling him "chum".
- After Lagoon Boy released the Kroloteans' captives from their holding cell, UN Secretary Tseng apologized for their reaction to Lagoon Boy's alien-looking appearance. He brushed it off, saying he got that reaction a lot, "chum."
- In "Depths", Lagoon Boy scornfully called Superboy "chum" after Miss Martin fed him some cooked crab.
- In "Darkest", La'gaan called Aqualad "chum" all the while promising to get back at him for his betrayal.
- In "...Here There be Monsters", Sha'ark invoked the phrase in frustration at owing Topo his life.
- In "Players, Chapter Two: Directly to Jail", Lagoon Boy used the phrase as he remarked that the abduction of certain heroes and the forcefield forming around Metropolis could not be a coincidence.
- In "Happy New Year":
- Lagoon Boy exclaimed "Neptune's Beard" upon losing a sparring match with Nightwing.
- He invoked it again when he was not assigned to Alpha Squad.
- In "Alienated":
- In "Depths":
- Lagoon Boy bemoaned that he was stereotyped as "the water guy" while Miss Martian was assigned to a mission with Superboy and exclaimed "Neptune's Beard" in frustration.
- He shouted it later in anger after Superboy called him a "rookie".
- In "Darkest", he exclaimed it before telling Aqualad that he could not believe he had once idolized him.
- In "The Fix":
- In "Intervention", he exclaimed it after Miss Martian decides to break up with him.
- In "Endgame", shouted it in Greek (Poseidonos Pogon!) after successfully neutralizing the Magnetic Field Disruptor in the Atlantic Ocean.
- In "Happy New Year" he called Miss Martian "Angelfish" as he welcomed her home.
- In "Alienated", Miss Martian surmised that the Kroloteans were trying to build a new ship, at which point Lagoon Boy chimed in and calls her "Angelfish".
- In "Salvage", as he invited her to resume their movie night.
- In "Depths":
- He said it to M'gann as he explained to her that he couldn't help himself from chomping down on cooked crabs.
- He referred to Miss Martian so, as he told Nightwing he was eager to join her on her assignment.
- In "The Fix":
- In Intervention, he said it after he found Miss Martian.
Beast Boy, eager to please, continually uses the term "noted" when he receives useful information, even if he doesn't fully understand it.
- In "Earthlings":
- In "Alienated", after Miss Martian stymied him from showing Nightwing his mission souvenir from Rann, pointing out that business came first.
- In "Bloodlines":
- In "Players, Chapter Three: Landing on Boardwalk", after Bumblebee explained why they were hiding Noor Harjavti at Bibbo's Diner.
- List of running gags
- List of similarities with Greg Weisman's other works
- Main title clips
- Number 16