|First appearance||Young Justice #9|
Calvin Durham is the foster father of Aqualad.
Physical appearance Edit
Calvin has the appearance of a typical bald African American male, excluding his gills and webbed hands and feet. He wears a simple, skintight purple Atlantean garment. Around his waist is a lighter colored stripe like a belt. There is a stripe in the same color around the end of his sleeves, and over his shins as well.
Early life Edit
Durham was originally one of Black Manta's henchmen. He was genetically engineered to become a water-breather and destroy Atlantis from the inside, but he forsook his mission when he met Sha'lain'a. They married, and raised Kaldur'ahm as their son in the city of Shayeris.
Calvin welcomed his son and his friends back to Atlantis, but warned him about unrest in the capital.
Powers and abilities Edit
- Atlantean attributes[nb 1]: Atlanteans, although Human, have through scientific and sorcerous means developed several abilities which allow them to live comfortably under the sea:
- Breathe underwater: All Atlanteans are capable of surviving the aquatic atmosphere under the sea. Some accomplish this without the presence of visible gills.
- Temperature resilience: Resistant to low temperatures and the effects of freezing, although notably hindered by high temperatures.
- Durability: Dense flesh, although not invulnerable.  
- Strength: Ranging from undetected levels to Super strength.  
- ↑ Calvin Durham was not born Atlantean, but was genetically modified to survive the same conditions.
Background in other media Edit
- Cal Durham is a preexisting character from DC Comics. After defecting from Black Manta, he became an ally of Aquaman and later mayor of Sub Diego.